Auto onPageLoad Popup is a wonderful jQuery based module which automatically popup contents on pageload. It can be used to promote or showcase anything on your frontpage . You can add videos, images, texts , iframe into the popup. The module is very easy to configure and comes with documentation.
- Two different themes to use - Fancybox and Colorbox
- Fancybox theme is responsive NEW
- Option to load the popup once per visitor.
- Define number of days for the cookie to expire.
- Option to set popup based on Cookie or Session.
- Set height and width of the popup box.
- Can popup a Joomla Module or Articles from Joomla default Article Manager on page load.
- You can add any HTML text into the popup using manual text mode.
- Set different popups on different pages for a same website.
- Insert videos, iframes, images and text contents in to the popup box.
- Option to change the opacity of the black background overlay. NEW
- Option to enable/ disable the close button on the corner. NEW
- Option to set delay in time of the popop (in milliseconds)
- Option to set time to close the popup automatically (in milliseconds)
Once the module has been successfully installed in the Joomla backend through the extension manager, then we can configure the functionality of that module. These settings decide how the module will appear in the frontend.
Which module position should I assign for the module to work?
Auto onPageLoad Popup is a module so, for a module to work you have to publish it in a module position which already exists in the joomla template you are using. It is preferred to use "debug" position.If you don't have have the debug position in your template you can choose any other existing position.
Now, How do I find template positions in Joomla ?
Please go through the article to find the Joomla positions http://docs.joomla.org/Finding_module_positions_on_any_given_page
How to activate it only in a single page/multiple pages ?
As it is a module it can be assigned to menu items. If you would like to have it in the home page then you can select Home in the menu items. You can also activate it in all pages if you choose module assignment to All Pages.
What to do if you want to the popup to open again and again or once ?
If you want to open the popup again and again then you may set the Test Mode in the module parameters to ON else you may set it to OFF if you want to open it for a single time .
What is the difference between Session and Cookie ?
For session/cookie to work you must first set the test mode to OFF. If your use mode as session then the popup will open when you restart the browser but when you set it as cookie it will again open after the days specified.